It’s a new month and a new year – the ultimate in fresh starts! I’m really enjoying setting monthly goals and find it all a little easier to accomplish this way. I’m hoping to continue the pattern of getting most (if not all) of my goals achieved! Let’s check out last month’s goals!
- Decorate the Tree. DONE! Although it honestly happened mere days before Christmas. I wish we’d had more time and energy to do it sooner but work really bogged me down.
- Holiday Shopping. ALMOST! Okay, I still have Christmas gifts to buy for people and we’re obviously past Christmas. I have a really good excuse: I spent a lot of money on new glasses instead. The people left to buy for will get gifts eventually.
- Acquire Christmas movies. DONE! We didn’t watch as many holiday movies as I would have liked. We only got around to Elf, The Holiday, 4 Christmases (which I technically watched after Christmas) and of course, A Christmas Story.
- #BLOGMas2014. FAIL. Absolute FAIL. I think I only did this 2 out of 25 days. That really upsets me. My blogging went way, way down in December. I was exhausted after Thanksgiving, under a lot of pressure at work, sick yet again, busy with Christmas and it all just piled and piled. There’s always next Christmas.
- Festival of Lights. DONE! Not only did I go, but I took a lot of pictures.
- Wash All of the Clothes. DONE! I even washed the bedding… which needs washed again. Blah adulthood… whatever.
- Attend 1 Christmas Party. NOPE. No one invited us to any Christmas parties that I am aware of and even if they had, I was way too tired to make that happen. Christmas itself hardly happened.
- Take Boys to Vet. DONE! Not only have the boys been to the Vet, but they will be going back tomorrow for the snip snip!
- Take a vacation: It doesn’t have to be anything crazy, but I need time off. I am burnt out and I need some time away from work to relax, get my head back into the game and get some perspective. I have already flat out told my boss that I am taking a vacation this month.
- Blog More: I am so unhappy with my lack of blogging in December. I see all of the legitimate reasons why so little of it happened, but it makes me sad. I love my blog and I want to really make it pop this month.
- Get my license straightened out: Long story. A big misunderstanding and clerical error on the behalf of the state needs fixed. I just need to find the time to get around to getting them to fix the issue. Blah.
- Start a Savings Account: We’re really pushing for buying a house at the end of 2015 and I want us to start a savings account to put some money into to be added to what will be Jeremy’s holiday bonus at the end of the year. This way, we have a down payment as well as extra funds for house projects.
- Have a girls day: I haven’t had one since August. Usually this means grabbing a girlfriend for pedicures, lunch and a movie. Jeremy and I do a lot together and sometimes, you just need to go hang out with the girls.
- Acquire a proper desk: I am currently using a white foldout table as a desk. It’s nice and it serves its purpose. But I often feel the need for storage, drawers, proper desk-like things. I’d love to grab one from Craigslist and do some fun refurbish type stuff to it.
- Acquire “dining room” table: We don’t have one. Crazy, right? I’m almost 30 years old and it’s time I buy my own table and chairs for eating at. Now that the pool/air hockey table is gone, we finally have room for one. Again, wouldn’t mind a Craigslist refurb.
- Photo Lightbox: I take most of my blog pictures at my desk up against a piece of foam poster board. I realize a lot of people do this but I’d like something a little more ideal. I do a lot of my blogging at night and I’d like to set something up in the spare bedroom so I have more room at my desk for um… desk things.
- Gym Membership: Okay I know this is like… everyone’s goal. But seriously, I used to have a gym membership and I was actually really enjoying it. I found it really hard to keep routine because I didn’t regularly have someone to go with and I was more worried about how I was getting home after work than I was about a trip to the gym. Now that neither of those are a problem, I want to get back to it!
Does it scare anyone else that there are a lot of adult things on my goal list? Scares the heck out of me! I am not too worried about getting all of this accomplished. I realize some of these things will have to be carried over to February for one reason or another (mostly having to do with my lack of money for it all).
So what are some of your goals for this month? The year? I am super excited to get mine started and can’t wait to hear what yours are!
What Is This?
Every month, Link Up and share your monthly goals with My So-Called Chaos and A Peek at Karen’s World. Check out the goals of other bloggers and see how yours compare. Hold yourself accountable and maybe get a little something extra done one month at a time. Great way to break down life a bit and accomplish things!