Instead of a Wednesday Wrap Up this week, I thought we could talk about my cats. I know, you’re totally thrilled.
It has been too long since I’ve posted about our boys, Bruce and Oliver – the once twin, orange tabby kitties that bring joy to our home. Last we talked about them, we were celebrating them being 3 months old and the fact that they had lived with us for 1 month (that still boggles my mind).
Now? Bruce and Oliver are about 4 1/2 months old. They have grown so much – in the last week especially. I can hardly believe it’s really only been just over 2 months since we brought them home. I feel like they have been apart of our family forever.
Fun changes of note…
- They finally got to the point where their original, “kitten” collars were getting too tight, too quickly. I ordered them a matching set that should follow them to adulthood – Blue and Green, for Bruce and Oliver respectively.
- Bruce has become a grumpy old man. He still loves to play, but he doesn’t much care for being held most of the time and would rather just snuggle against you and snooze.
- Oliver has become the more active kitty. He’s the first to come running when you call for them. He loves being held and wants so badly to play with you.
- I’m bummed that the boys don’t spend quite as much time doing things together. Sure, they play all day, every day… but they used to do everything together. Everything.
- They are too big to use the litter box together (for which I am kind of thankful) and we recently purchased a second water dish because their heads are too big to fit in the bow together for sharing.
For fun, we wanted (okay, fine…Jeremy wanted nothing to do with my shenanigans and neither did the boys) to celebrate Bruce and Oliver’s first Fall & Halloween! Don’t they look simply dashing in their bow ties?
No, the boys aren’t dressing up for Halloween. Believe me, I thought about it – especially after seeing soooo many cute costumes for kitties and after winning a $6 off a $30 purchase at Pet Supplies Plus this week. But no. I just don’t want to waste any more money than I already have with Christmas just around the corner.
Do you dress up your pets for the holidays?