This song is exactly what this blog is about.
[gdlr_video url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqqqV50zaAc” ]
I don’t care if the world knows what my secrets are. I hid so much of it for so long and ya know what? Fuck that. Plain and simple. I’m with a man and have friends who make me feel so confident in who I am – like it really is okay to be who I am even if that means falling apart every now and then.
I have some secrets that aren’t so secret…
- I suffer from depression.
- I’m terrified of screwing up and ruining the lives of people around me.
- I don’t like big crowds – it causes me to hyperventilate.
- I’m terrified of crickets… like in a serious way.
- Grasshoppers fall into the same category.
- I’m overweight and have been my entire life.
- My mother has fat shamed me forever.
- I don’t get along with my parents. At all.
- I’ve been arrested.
- Some days, I have to convince myself to get out of bed.
- Some days, I can’t convince myself to get out of bed.
- I love people so hard it hurts… sometimes both me and them.
- I have had sex with more people than I can count on my fingers.
- I married twice for all of the wrong reasons.
- I don’t know that I ever want to have more children.
- I’m afraid that one of the reasons is because I am afraid of losing another.
- I’m sure one of those reasons is based on guilt… a lot of guilt.
- I’m obsessed with nail polish and doing my nails.
- I’ve gone a day without a decent meal because I overspent my money on nail polish.
- I’m aware that’s not a good thing but I justify it by the fact that it makes me happy.
- I have trouble understanding where platonic love ends and romantic love begins.
- This has caused me to chase 2 different men who I was not meant be with.
- I don’t feel like I deserve my boyfriend.
- I’m terrified already that I am ruining his life.
- I already see little things that add up and make me feel this way.
- I’m afraid he’s going to see it and leave me.
This is a small collection. I know there are surely others but these are what I’ve come up with for now. I may add to this later.
So what are your secrets? Feel free to share. This is a positive space.