Hanging out over at Because of Jackie, I come across a post asking for 10 things I want for myself. Not things I want for others. Not dates with my boyfriend. Legitimate things that I want just for me.
Oh sure… Make a list of 10 Things that you want for yourself? I can do this. This will be so easy because I want a lot of things! And then you realize that some of your “things” sound stupid, superficial or something completely out of your reach and it makes your list sound like it sucks. But that’s okay… it’s MY list.
- I want to lose weight. I will never be skinny and I’m okay with that. But I want to lose enough weight to be more healthy, active and happy.
- To build another successful business. I was never happier in my life than when I was working for myself and bringing joy to others with all of my talents combined.
- Purchase a home of my very own. No renting. No sub leasing. 100% completely and totally mine to decorate, love and make memories in.
- Find the time and energy to do a lot of volunteer work or at least find some way to pay forward all of the things that have been done by others to get me this far.
- I want to live in England for a year. I have jokingly suggested many times that I am British at heart. The week spent there as a child could never have been enough. I need a year so I can see and do it all from bangers & mash to Doctor Who.
- I need to go home to Colorado. I don’t think I will ever be fully satisfied living anywhere else long-term until I have lived in Colorado as an adult.
- I want to start seeing a therapist. I have a lot of issues that I have buried so deeply that I don’t even realize they are a problem… until they are.
- Go back to college. I have tried going twice without success because my parents forced me into it too young and long before I had a clue what I wanted to do with my life. I’m pushing 29, I finally know and even that is a little fuzzy.
- Learn to ride a bike. Seriously. I really can’t do this and I’m actually kind of terrified of them.
- Last but not least… Be happy. I want to be happy in everything I do. I want to live life, make choices, be happy with them. I’m actually getting really excited for my 30’s!